Haven, part of the UK’s largest holiday provider Bourne Leisure, are currently looking for a commercially astute and personable team member to support the retail team to optimise sales performance, minimise stock risk & maximise margin potential across all of the shops and food & beverage outlets across our estate.
This is a really exciting role where no two days are the same. Based in our Hemel Hempstead office, you will be encouraged to spend time on park with the teams you’re supporting to build some great relationships as well as getting to the heart of the Haven experience.
We operate 36 award winning, family-focused caravan parks around the British coastline and have in excess of 34,000 caravan pitches, making us the largest operator of caravan parks in the UK.
Our 23,500 holiday home owners and our 2.5 million holiday guests come to Haven each year to enjoy ‘a breath of fresh air’ experience at the seaside away from daily life and look forward to spending quality family time together.
We describe our team members, at all levels, as 'bright and breezy' people and you will need to have the right attitude for consistently living by dare to care, yes I can, keep it simple, make it fun and do the right thing for our guests.
As a team we have a passion for ensuring that our Holiday Home Owners and Holiday Customers have the very best experience with us.
All our Team Members aim to deliver this at all times, enjoying working in a busy, fast paced, fun and challenging environment.
As Retail Administrator I am responsible for:
• Building relationships with our park teams; this role needs somebody who is able to get out and about and visit our parks to really engage with our park teams, and spend some time at the seaside too!
• Building relationships with suppliers to ensure they are aligned to our buying strategy
• Support product development and sourcing: requesting and consolidating information, evaluating sources of supply and establishing order processes and routines
• Creating buying guides based on historic data and trends
• Monitor and communicate stock movement; consider markdowns, promotions or clearance
• Analysing past sales figures/trends to anticipate and forecast future product needs
• Allocating stock to each outlet throughout the season
• General maintenance of the range; additions, deletions, price changes
• Maintaining the accuracy & integrity of the information provided to internal departments and external suppliers
• Support with ad hoc development projects & trials
• Management of intranet postings for retail
As Retail Administrator I will have the following attributes:
• High levels of attention to detail and accuracy, even in situations with short time frames
• Able to build strong working relationships with all team members, both at Hemel and on the parks
• Behave with integrity and can be trusted at all times
• Learns through ‘experience’ and is questionable and inquisitive
• Super organised – with 36 parks to support and co-ordinate an ability to create order and structure is essential
• Able to drive – this role involves getting out to park to experience what we’re all about, as well as building some great relationships with our park teams
• Strong communication skills; you’ll regularly be in conversation with team members and heads of departments who work across all areas of our caravan parks business.
• A self-starter: resourceful with an inquisitive and focused mind
• Strong Time Management: good at managing own time and priorities to achieve business goals
• Commercial awareness: a good understanding of the market place, the customer and the economy to enable you to make informed decisions
• Confident: able to communicate with and influence your direct team, other internal teams, suppliers, stores and senior management
• Resilient under pressure: things can change very quickly and you will need to meet deadlines and make sound decisions
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Measures of success:
• Hit all milestones on retail critical path
• Efficient and timely response to queries from park teams
• High level of customer (park teams) satisfaction
• Stock in the right place at the right time
• Good relationships with suppliers and team members alike
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent
• High level numeracy skills with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
• Strong administration background
• Ability to communicate confidently at all levels
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages
• Ability to work across multiple teams with a variety of stakeholders
• Retail sector or travel industry experience
• Experience of data analysis
• Worked within a large organisation
• Used to working within a fast paced dynamic team with changing demands
Monthly Haven Rockley Park
2 December 2019
3 February 2020