Activities Manager (dryside) - HavenWould you like to continue your career in Activities & Leisure, working for one of The Times Best Big Company in the UK?
As an Activities Manager you will be entrusted with ensuring the safety of our guests as well as promoting the enjoyable & memorable experiences our Guests and Owners have grown to expect.
Department & Culture:
We describe our Team’s as ‘bright and breezy’ living by our values ‘dare to care’, ‘yes I can’, ‘keep it simple’, ‘make it fun’ and ‘do the right thing’ for our guests. Our mission is to give our guests a great time with memories that last a lifetime. In return, we can offer you career opportunities of a lifetime.
With a great selection of indoor and outdoor activities available, Haven is the perfect place for families to try something new together. The Activities and Leisure teams play a key role in ensuring families feel confident, safe and happy during their activity, embracing a ‘breath of fresh air’ culture with our guests at the heart of everything we do.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Leading, coaching, recruiting and training a team of activity instructors to operate all dry leisure activities on the park.
• Ensuring all activity areas are operating inline with the Bourne Leisure health and safety policies and procedures, by completing self-audits and policy reviews on a regular basis.
• Manage wage budgets, cost control and revenue budgets, providing monthly business updates and forecasts for the senior leadership team.
• Recruitment & on-going training of your team with consideration given to regular reviews in order to promote development.
• Lead & inspire your team members in order for them to promote the Haven values and exceed the business goals.
• Manage, operate & care for all indoor & outdoor leisure facilities including sports & play facilities as well as hire equipment.
• Facilitate an excellent and dynamic programme of sporting activities such as Archery, Climbing wall, Creative activities, Bushcraft activities and Rifle shooting.
• Motivating Activity Leaders and park rangers to deliver our brand standards to ensure that guests and owners families have the best experience possible.
• Manage, achieve & grow financial performance. This is achieved through the sale of activities, hire items, retail products and the daily management of an agreed budget.
Attributes for Role:
• Sets their own goals and drives for own success
• Leads by example
• Strong commercial focus
• Uses own judgement to make decisions
• Needs to work at pace without too many constraints
• Is a self starter with a high level of personal motivation
• Behaves with integrity and needs to be trusted
• Learns through ‘experience’ and is questionable and inquisitive.
• Can be assertive and firm when needed
• Is able to influence actions and decisions through people
• Is positive and engaging when communicating with the team
• Has a genuine and authentic interest in people
• Can be persuasive to ensure a desired outcome
• Coaching, support and development of people is critical for success.
• Is professional, demonstrating passion and energy for the business
• Work Life balance and family influence is important for success
• Has belief in the business; purpose, strategy and vision
• Is a role model for leading the direction of their park
• Focused on commercial aspects of the business and looks for opportunities to improve the guest and owner experience as well as financial growth
• Is resilient and focused and maintains this at times of pressure and challenge
• Creates a culture of freedom to act yet one of high support and commitment to the cause
• Lives and breathes the company values in everything they do- Breath of Fresh Air experience wheel.
Measures of Success:
• Health and safety audits
• Guest, Owner and team advocacy
• Financial Stat Pack
• Activity percentage fill
Qualifications and experience: (Full training can be provided)
• First Aid at Work Trainer Assessor/ RLSS NPLQ Trainer Assessor
• Off ground Activity instructor qualifications, Sports instructor qualifications,
• Has a bright and breezy personality and is able to motivate and inspire teams
• Strong management and leadership skills to lead teams
• Experience of leading teams focused on providing consistent service
• Experience of managing people, rota’s and their performance
• Ability to be planned and organised including rota’s, training and recruitment
• Able to display a sound knowledge of Health & Safety procedures related to the operation of a Leisure department and must conform to company and industry related guidelines.
• Additional training courses & qualifications will be arranged for the successful candidate dependant on requirements.
This role requires the successful candidate to undergo an enhanced DBS check. Due to the qualifications and training provided the successful candidate must be 18 years and over.
Benefits of joining our team:
•Free use of many of the Park facilities and discounts off our food and retail outlets.
•Discounted Haven, Butlin’s & Warner Leisure Hotels holidays for you, your family and friends.
•Reward and recognition schemes including long service and team member of the month.
•Our online discount scheme (MyBourneHub) with lots of great deals from shopping to cinema tickets
•Externally recognised qualifications to give you the opportunity to develop and progress.
Haven is now the largest privately-owned holiday operator in the UK, with 38 Parks around the British Coastline. Our 23,500 holiday home owners and our 2.5 million holiday guests come to Haven each year to enjoy ‘a breath of fresh air’ experience at the seaside away from daily life and look forward to spending quality family time together.
We are also proud that we have been voted in the top 10 as one of the Sunday times Top 30 "Best Big Company to Work For".
Hafan y Mor Holiday Park
Pwllheli, Gwynedd, North Wales LL53 6HX GBR
3 December 2019
1 January 2020