Butlin's are recruiting an Insight Analyst on a 3 months Fixed Term Contract
About the role:
•Working within the Consumer and Data insight team, this role will be responsible for providing meaningful, actionable insights which can be used to help the Marketing team and wider business to effectively understand our customer data, aligning with our strategy and ways of working.
•Using Insight, based on our knowledge of the customer, this role will work cross-functionally, with a variety of roles within the marketing team and wider business. You will be acting as a business expert and insight consultant helping scope and develop briefs in line with objectives and provide the analysis to help quantify opportunities, execute data selections for marketing communications using SAS; and analyse performance to inform future strategy. Specifically, you will provide insight and evaluate opportunities for planned campaigns/target groups. You will be working with the teams to define criteria as well as deliver finalised campaign selections for DM and email.
•You will be responsible for following quality control procedures and be involved in implementing new quality controls where appropriate. In particular, you will actively seek to find ways to improve processes, campaigns and performance within the legal requirements of dealing with customer data in the most efficient and timely manner.
Measures of success/Accountability:
•Provide timely insight for all marketing campaigns to inform our marketing team of what is working and what isn’t so that we can continuously improve performance and effectiveness
•Timely and accurate delivery of marketing campaign data working with a specific brief
•Clearly documented data processes for selecting data to ensure we adhere to all data quality controls
•Ensure the business outputs in these areas are GDPR compliant
•Use of guest and consumer insight to challenge assumptions and provide deep dive analysis and insight to maximise business opportunities and outputs
•Provide insights on our guests to help us understand how we optimise targeting of our guests more effectively, by the customer in depth, understanding their lifestage and segmentation; and changing needs over time, helping develop appropriate offers and messaging through evaluation of past campaigns and understanding of the most effective channels to reach them
•Productive relationships with key stakeholders (internal and agencies), i.e. being easy and great to work with
• Insight is so much more than just data-crunching; it’s the ability pull data together to tell a story, a story from which we gain actionable insights.
• We are looking for someone with excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
• excellent communications skills a
• ability to communicate confidently
• You will also have a real passion for insight and a problem-solving attitude
• lots of energy within a fast-paced environment.
• experience in data analysis ideally within a Marketing Insight / CRM environment including marketing pre-campaign insight and post campaign analysis.
• The successful candidate will have a significant understanding of marketing techniques, audience insight and solid commercial skills.
• They will have a good knowledge of SQL or SAS as well as advanced Excel skills in order to analyse, manipulate and interpret large amounts of data.
• A working knowledge of customer database selection tools is needed; specifically, SAS Customer Intelligence would be an advantage.
• Experience of reporting and dashboards (e.g. QlikView, Tableau) would be an advantage.
• You will have a flexible mindset and willingness to get involved in, support and/or lead projects using a variety of tools.
• You will be happy to drive new initiatives and actively participate in the business as part of a small, expert Insight team who seek to support and service the business.
• A genuine passion for delighting customers, interest in the Butlin’s brand, and a passion for our heritage and the journey that we are on.
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
Fixed Term Contract
8 January 2020
24 January 2020