Chef de PartieDo you want to continue your career, working for The Sunday Times Best Biggest Company in the UK?
As a Chef de Partie at Butlin’s, you will assist the Head Chef in delivering an exceptional dining experience for our guests. You will have direct responsibility for the production of food products to a high standard as agreed with leaders within a specific section of the kitchen, your duties will also include covering other sections within the kitchen when required.
You will work in a high performing, fast paced volume catering environment aiming to exceed our guest's dining needs and expectations.
Hours of work in the is role will generally be 11am to 20.00 5 days over 7, there may be occasions when you are required to start earlier. All that we ask is for you to be flexible.
The purpose of the role
• To ensure the Restaurant delivers and exceeds guest expectations
• To ensure that all areas deliver to the agreed standards in line with Standard Operating Procedures, Recipes Sheets and Product Specifications
• To assist and welcome the introduction of new systems and processes to ensure all standards are achieved to meet all guest expectations and targets.
• Ensure a high standard of cleanliness is maintained at all times in the kitchen.
• Ensure Food Safety Documentation is maintained as per Company Food Policy.Liaise regularly with Head Chef and Sous Chef to discuss & prioritise any department needs.
• Prepare, cook and present dishes to agreed specification.
• Managing and training any team members working with you
• Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margin
• Develop a strong working relationship with the restaurant team to ensure we have no weak links in our service journey
• Control budget margins with the support of the Head Chef and Sous Chef
We are looking for candidates who:
• Have experience in a similar environment
• Have a flexible approach to work and passion to progress
• Ideally hold valid Level 2 Food Safety certificate and Level 2 professional cookery qualification OR willing to train towards
• Good culinary skills/passion for food
• Have great communication and Interpersonal skills
• Be organised and motivated
• Be able to follow direction from senior chefs and managers
• Be a team player
• Have the ability to deputise in the chef’s absence
• Be enthusiastic with a willingness to grow and learn.
• Have a cool head and embrace responsibility.
• An ability to delegate appropriately
No matter which role you fulfil at Butlin's, all of us are working towards our common goal of delighting our guests every time by providing amazing memories and experiences, as well as creating an environment where our team can perform at their best.
Upper Bognor Road, Bognor Regis, West Sussex PO21 1JJ GBR
8 January 2020
31 January 2020