Butlin’s are looking for a dynamic Retail Finance Manager to join a bright fast paced Finance team, this person will provide commercial finance support and analysis to the retail operation (Bars, Restaurants, Shops, Supermarkets, Arcades and Leisure, c.£115m turnover) whilst be able to business partner our leaders of the operations to maximise, sales, margin and contribution, net of payroll.
The ideal candidate will be able to drill down to the numbers when needed but also have an operational mind set to understand the who, what and whys. This isn't your standard Finance Manager role, we are looking for someone passionate, forward thinking but will also roll sleeves up and go back to basics. In return we will offer great career development with exposure to Commercial and Operational finance.
• Provide oversight, reporting, analysis and insight into the Retail performance;
• Sales – by break, by day, by venue, by time slot, by product etc
• Margin – including margin management, wastage and efficiency
• Payroll – rota optimisation, operating models, by venue flexibility etc
• Provide high level trend and performance updates for the Retail operations teams, Brand Leadership teams and Group Board reporting.
• Co-ordinate the retail budgets and forecasts, working with the Hemel and Resort finance teams and gaining input from subject matter experts.
• Support capital appraisals for retail initiatives – both in the planning stage, pre-approval and post implementation reviews.
• Support the development of the strategic plans for Retail through robust analysis, discussion and challenge.
• Assist in the design and review of sales driving promotions and initiatives and appraisals, both pre-arrival and on resort to ensure they add value.
• Assisting the internal audit functions to ensure robust control environments are in place, both for cash, vouchers and stock.
• Finance lead for any new systems or process change projects impacting Retail.
• Provide leadership, support and development to both direct reports and other members of the finance team.
What we are looking for:
• Previous experience of Food & Beverage or Retail environments required.
• Previous experience of Sales and promotional analysis, margin management and payroll efficiency initiatives desirable.
• Experience of working in a multi-site environment desirable.
Expertise & Qualifications:
• Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with min 3 years PQE
• Solid academic record including A Levels and Degree education
• Experience of working in a fast pace, dynamic, target driven environment.
• Ability to analyse and interpret various sources of data and provide insight and conclusions.
• Good intermediate to Advanced level Excel user (excluding Macros)
• Confidence and ability to be finance lead in area of responsibility, including attendance at meetings and lead of process change.
• Previous experience of team leadership and development required.
• Ability to provide leadership and support for remote teams and functional leads.
• Self-starter, with the ability to prioritise and balance short-term requests over longer term goals.
• Problem solving attitude – ability to ‘roll-up sleeves’ and aid with the resolution of problems when they occur.
• Strategic thinker – able to support with the development of longer-term visions and planning as well as dealing with day to day trading.
• Improvement of guest and team experience whilst growing overall brand EBITDA
• Delivery and growth of operational efficiency measures.
• Strong interpersonal skills required – able to work with team members at all levels from Board to frontline
• Ability to communicate sometimes complex information into bite size chunks and trends to a variety of stakeholders.
• Ability to build relationships across finance and functional teams.
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
29 January 2020
19 February 2020