Student Work Placement - Finance
Bourne Leisure is one of the largest providers of holidays
and holiday home ownership in the UK. Our brands are amongst the most
recognised within the UK holiday market and our purpose is to provide products
and services to our guests so that they can enjoy the experience in a safe,
secure and appealing environment. The company owns 52 resorts and sites
across the UK; Haven, Butlins and Warner each with their own identities and
Bourne Leisure are looking for placement student during 2020/2021. The ideal candidate will want to learn, develop and grow within a hugely successful business. This will be a 12 month placement, running form June 2020 - June 2021.
The role is part of each brands Finance team, based at our Hemel Hempstead support office where the culture allows team members to add value through their individual personalities and being empowered to do the right thing for the business. We are looking for ‘bright and breezy people’ who will relish the chance to work in an exciting and challenging environment, with a real opportunity to learn and develop skills, which will enhance and complement their studies.
What will I be doing:
• Provide analytical and financial support for your chosen brands finance team
• Assist with the production of the weekly reporting, and annual forecasts and budgets
• Ad hoc reporting, analysis, and accounting entries
• Ad hoc support for the management accounts team, resorts depending on Brand and Operation Directors and brand Leadership Teams.
What are you looking for?
• Candidates should have an interest in finance, accountancy and business generally
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the confidence to challenge other team members when required.
• Proactive, problem solving attitude with ability to get ‘stuck in’ where required.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to deal with team at all levels and relate financial information to non-financial staff.
• Some basic knowledge of Microsoft skills (particularly Excel) with a willingness to develop further.
• Ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure to specific deadlines.
If you think this is you apply now!
Please see below our recruitment process:
Closing date: 10th March
First shortlisting date: 12th March
If you are successful please note the following date:
Telephone Interviews: 12th – 13th March
Assessment Day: 25th March
Outcome call: 26th March
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
10 February 2020
10 March 2020