Head of Procurement - Indirects
We are looking for a Head of Procurement- Indirects to join our Procurement Team here at Bourne Leisure
Do you want a career working for one of The Times top ten Best Big Company in the UK?
It’s an exciting time to join our team, you’ll have an opportunity to work in a friendly, fast paced environment across three well-known UK Leisure industry brands; Haven, Warner Leisure Hotels and Butlin’s.
This role is based in our Support Centre, in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, with some travel to each of our brands across the UK.
Our Hemel team are currently working from home during the Covid 19 pandemic, and we will return to the Support Centre once it re-opens.
Provides strategic procurement leadership across the business within the Indirect categories including Marketing, Digital, Technology, Finance and People (~£100m Opex spend pa, plus substantial Capex).
Working closely with the relevant leaders in each brand they will develop and drive category sourcing strategies, ensure alignment with Brand strategies and deliver maximum value from spend while driving service, innovation and quality.
This role is a mixture of approximately 50% Business partnering Executive and Senior leaders, planning and leading team to 50% task-focussed and is an experienced business and procurement leader with deep expertise and strong interpersonal skills.
Indirect categories including Marketing, Digital, Technology, Finance and People
Individually and through their team they will
• Develop Sourcing and Category strategies to deliver against brand needs in optimising Cost, Service, Quality and Supply
• Go to Market, selects and contracts with Suppliers then manages those suppliers on an ongoing basis
• Work collaboratively as the bridge between Brand teams and Suppliers to bring innovation and best practice to Bourne Leisure.
• Because of complex nature of Indirect Procurement they will often lead projects or engagements outside of the “traditional” boundaries of procurement to solve holistic business problems
• Partner with Brands to contribute to Brand strategies in all key Categories and develop Procurement Category Strategies.
• Responsible for our Supplier relationships. Manage the range of suppliers from strategic partners through to transactional relationships.
• Leads and develops a team that Partners with Brands, manages suppliers and delivers value while keeping all stakeholders safe & legal.
• In addition, due to the specialised nature of Indirects and the variable demand, they may routinely supplement their team with 3rd party expertise as required where doing so delivers a material ROI.
• Responsible for providing Procurement Director with relevant information including Board Report content based around defined KPI’s.
The ideal candidate will have the following essential skills and experience: -
• A procurement/buying expert currently operating at the Head of or Director level within a consumer-facing environment, ideally in the Retail, Leisure or Hospitality sector
• Worked in procurement function that looked beyond the buying process and operated on a broad business level OR experience in leadership in non-procurement roles
• The ability to generate value when competitive tender processes are not suitable
• Good financial understanding to enabling contribution & challenge to budget planning and benefits realisation
• Experienced in delivering across differentiated brands or divisions with a strong ability to judge what the right business outcome should be; brand versus group
• Project management experience and ideally change management experience
• The ability to develop change programs and business cases for business process & functional outsourcing/insourcing
• An excellent track record of high performance and commercial delivery in a fast-paced business
• A proven track record of leading and developing teams
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies and leadership characteristics: -
• First and foremost, a strong Bourne cultural fit, operating as a business partner
• Be able to balance being supportive and being prepared to challenge senior stakeholders
• Highly commercial in approach, end customer-focused (guest & owner), very down-to-earth, values-led and people-focused with the flexibility to work in a changing environment
• Exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to build strong relationships with suppliers and vendors
• Highly analytical with a rigorous process & data-driven approach, when appropriate
• Good leadership skills, with the ability to develop and engage high-performing teams through a combination of direct team, stakeholders and external consultants
• An effective communicator with solid skills in developing written strategies and the ability to present effectively, both verbally and through public presentation
• The ability to work across all levels of the organisation
• Ability to, and enjoyment in, creating clarity and direction from ambiguity
What do we offer
• Discounted Haven, Butlin’s and Warner Leisure Hotels holidays for you, your family and friends
• Reward and recognition schemes
• Externally recognised qualifications to give you the opportunity to develop and progress
• Lifestyle and shopping discounts and benefits
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
6 April 2021
4 May 2021