Data Protection Support Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Protection Support Officer to join our Compliance Team here at Bourne Leisure.
Do you want a career working for one of The Times top ten Best Big Company in the UK?
It’s an exciting time to join our team, you’ll have an opportunity to work in a friendly, fast paced environment across three well-known UK Leisure industry brands; Haven, Warner Leisure Hotels and Butlin’s.
This role is based in our Support Centre, in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, with some travel to each of our brands across the UK.
Our Hemel team are currently working from home during the Covid 19 pandemic, and we will return to the Support Centre once it re-opens.
We are looking for a motivated individual, someone with a passion for privacy and data protection coupled with a strong appreciation for the leisure and hospitality industry to join our data protection compliance function.
The candidate will play an important role in supporting us with the operational tasks support the Data Protection officer with the day to day management of our Data Protection regime, providing related advice to support overall compliance with data protection legislation across the organisation.
• Proactively execute day to day tasks relating to privacy engagements
• Keeping track and reporting on key deliverables e.g. project milestones and action logs
• Providing input into data protection impact Assessments and the impact of new business processes.
• Supporting the continued implementation of our Compliance software
• Championing data protection with key stakeholders
• Review and support with the implementation of policies, notices, processes and procedures
• Support in the implementation of policies, notices, processes, procedures and training materials
• Manage and respond to customer privacy queries and complaints
• Supporting Third party vendor due diligence
• Supporting the DPO to maintain our records management processes and data mapping/processing activities
• Manage and respond to data subject access requests and other data information rights requests within the statutory timeframe, including liaising with relevant areas of the business to obtain relevant information.
• To Advise the DPO on data privacy risks identified
• Establish and develop training materials
• Support with the creation and delivery of data privacy communications and awareness campaigns in collaboration with key stakeholders.
• Undertake research on regulatory updates and articulate this back to the team.
• Acquire and maintain knowledge of the data protection landscape.
• Assist in the root cause analysis associated with incidents/breaches of data protection legislation.
We are looking for:
•Someone with prior work experience in a data protection role
•A good understanding of the UKs data protection landscape
•Recent practical experience of records management
•A Data Protection qualification is desirable, but not essential for the right candidate.
You will also have:
•Excellent organisational skills in order to provide robust administrative support.
•The Ability to work in a flexible and varied working environment
•Strong Communication skills and ability to put privacy issues into everyday language when communicating outside of the department
•Ability to work closely with a range of professionals across the organisation.
•Experience writing processes and procedures
•Be committed to self-development & learning
What do we offer
•Discounted Haven, Butlin’s and Warner Leisure Hotels holidays for you, your family and friends
•Reward and recognition schemes
•Externally recognised qualifications to give you the opportunity to develop and progress
•Lifestyle and shopping discounts and benefits
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
6 April 2021
4 May 2021