High Ropes/Climbing Wall Instructor
Salary: £8.91 with the opportunity to earn up to 50p extra per hour with our sizzling summer incentive across our parks peak weeks - creating the opportunity to earn even more. . Full terms and conditions apply.
Would you like a career working for one of The Times Best Big Company in the UK?
Haven are currently recruiting for High Ropes/Climbing Wall Instructor to join our Sports & Leisure Team.
With a great selection indoor and outdoor activities available, Haven is the perfect place for families to try something new together. The Leisure team plays a key role in ensuring families feel confident, safe and happy during their activity, embracing a ‘breath of fresh air’ culture with our guests at the heart of everything we do.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Ensuring all off ground equipment, courses, climbing walls and associated Environment are maintained and inspected to a high standard (full training provided).
• Instructing safe and fun off ground activity experiences that may include working at height to deliver; Climbing walls, Aerial Adventures, Mini Aerial Adventures, Jump Towers, Zip wires, Leap of faith and quick jumps.
• Ensure correct fitting of Personal Protective Equipment for all activity sessions.
• Making sure all the activities you deliver are fun, safe and educational.
• Assist with marketing and upselling all leisure activities and events.
• Providing outstanding activity experiences, ensuring service, quality and consistency ensuring all our guests have positive, fun and educational experiences.
• Ensuring all owners and holidaymakers know who to go to, and are given a warm welcome and a first class service allowing a true "escape from urban living" experience.
• Create and support a "sense of community" - a real family spirit.
• Provide a clean and safe environment for our guests by adhering to Cleaning and Health & Safety processes
• Recognise dissatisfaction and deal with complaints speedily and with empathy empowering a problem resolving team, resulting in customer satisfaction and improvement to the overall guest experience.
• Supporting & helping other Departments on Park when required.
• Previous experience of working within the leisure/customer service industry
• Experience of Outdoor Sports Activities
• Previous experience of participating in off ground activities
This role is the perfect introduction for a long term career in outdoor activities and adventure we will provide full training and induction, ongoing mentoring, feedback and training development throughout the season and assist you to work towards National Governing Body Qualifications. Such as ERCA climbing instructor or ERCA Operational Inspector training.
The Benefits of working with us:
Join us for the summer, with the potential to become permanent at the end of the year, we also have many permanent roles on offer too.
Competitive rates of pay
Accommodation available in many of our parks if you don’t live locally
50% off food in our restaurants and take away every shift you work
Regular team incentives with great rewards
Opportunity to earn £300 or more when you refer a friend to join our great team
Holidays Discounts of 20% for all of your family & friends in Haven, Butlins & Warner Hotels
20% off in our shops and venues
Free use of Pool, Gyms and many other Leisure facilities
Funded qualification development opportunities from Level 2 to Masters Degrees for permanent team members
Access to the Employee Assistance Programme including support for your wellbeing and free access to advice and expertise on financial and legal matters etc
Fantastic discounts when making purchases from most major retailors and hundreds of discounts on everyday purchases
Team Member of the Month Awards
Instant Recognition schemes with great rewards through our busiest times
Long Service awards for permanent team members
Our guests and our team members are vitally important to us and we need to ensure we build effective relationships, through trust, always having an approachable, friendly and helpful attitude. This will ensure our guests feel reassured that we always have their interests at the heart of everything we do.
Safeguarding is one of our business priorities. Our teams are committed to providing a safe and secure environment and promoting the welfare of children and young or vulnerable adults.
Hafan y Mor Holiday Park
Pwllheli, Gwynedd, North Wales LL53 6HX GBR
14 July 2021
31 July 2021