Guest Services & Sales Head of Department
The Sales & Guest Services Head of Department will ensure the smooth planning and delivery of a department which promotes the highest operational standards which exceed guest expectations within the following areas: Guest Services Department including: Guest Services, Switchboard, Telephones, Hotel Receptions and Check-In. The Sales Department including: Day Visitors, Holiday Booking Shop, Hotline, Conference & Events and Social Communications. You will drive a culture of excellence where high fulfilment delivers high performance for both our team and our business which in turn creates memories which delight our guests. You will be responsible for driving and identifying opportunities for financial success, guest service and team engagement. You will nurture an environment that allows all teams to perform at their best by setting clear goals
We Delight Our Guests
•Analyses guest feedback and reports on key trends and uses guest feedback, market data, trends and to
improve and develop standards across the department.
• Ownership of consistent delivery of a quality Butlin’s experience in line with brand and/or venue guidelines, as well as resort wide to ensure we are continually looking and learning
• Promotes a problem-solving attitude across the department to deal with all guest comments in a positive manner and take appropriate follow up action, turning any negative customer experiences into positive ones
• Accountability for projecting for guest demand, pro-actively arranging appropriate resource/support to ensure the guest experience is not affected in line with budget requirements
• Demonstrates and role models a commitment to delivering a superior guest experience in everything that you do
• Takes responsibility to ensure all team are adhering to the Bourne Leisure Team Handbook and the cultural values taught in culture and departmental training.
A Place Where Talent Thrives
Leads and develops a
leadership team which:
• Creates an environment where every team member is encouraged to never stop looking and learning through a culture of high fulfilment and high performance.
• Uses team survey data and other metrics to develop strategies which engage, develop and grow teams which in turn drives retention
• Continually provides feedback and coaching to all team, conducting regular check ins, reviews and personal development plans and goals
• Monitors the initial 90-day process for all new team, ensuring all team are allocated a buddy, and carriess out all 4, 8 and 12-week reviews
• Sets clear goals and Personal Development Plans (PDP’s) in line with the business and departmental strategy
• Identifies talent nurturing them through continuous coaching, takes an active role in promoting learning opportunities for team such as apprenticeships.
• Nurtures a high-performance culture where everyone’s contributions are recognised, where talent thrives and rewarding careers are built
• Supports the recruitment process for selecting exceptional talent through structured interviews
• Ownership of the departmental training plan ensuring compliance with all activity, including compliance training, uses Cornerstone to monitor progress
• Promotes teamwork across the department and encourages opportunities to multi-skill in other departments across the resort.
We Strive To Be Better
Inspire action and
ownership for delivery of our business strategy, ensuring that the department
regularly reviews its performance and plans, leading to an improved experience
for our team, as well as our guests
• Manages KPI’s based on sales and costs, and identifies business risks, taking corrective action when needed
• Has an exceptional level of operational knowledge specific to the area of expertise
• Manages a budget based on the previous year’s figures, analysing possible future scenarios and demonstrating an incremental growth.
• Inspire action and ownership for delivery of the departmental plan, by breaking it down into measurable objectives.
• Work towards alignment of the department to the Business Strategy, Mission Statement as well as H&S compliance.
• Build and maintain strong relationships across Butlin’s and Central Support teams.
• Monitors team engagement levels and works with People Team to identify opportunities to drive engagement and retention
• Monitors team retention, using exit interviews to address opportunities to increase retention
• Demands the best of yourself and others to continually delight our guests and strive for excellence
We Are The Best Place To Invest
Monitors compliance 100%
completion of all Safe & Secure training within the department, implementing
strategies and initiatives to drive completion.
• Management of department budgets, including payroll, stock and replacement inventory and based on previous years figures, looking for opportunities for incremental growth
• Monitors and implements all company policy and procedures pertaining to the Department and participates in the development of such policy
• Actively participates in the resort strategic plan including capital expenditure
About the benefits:
*Subsidised OFSTED Nursery facilities available on resort
*20% off food in our restaurants and take away.
*Subsidised food and drinks in our team diners.
*Regular team incentives with great rewards.
*Opportunity to earn up to £1,000 when you refer friends to join our great team
*Holidays discounts of 20% for all of your family & friends in Haven, Butlin's & Warner Hotels
*Use of pool and many other leisure facilities.
*Funded qualification development opportunities from Level 2 to Masters Degrees for permanent team members.
*Access to the Employee Assistance Programme including support for your wellbeing and free access to advice and expertise on financial and legal matters etc
*Fantastic discounts when making purchases from most major retailers and hundreds of discounts on everyday purchases
*Team Member of the Month Awards
*Instant Recognition schemes with great rewards through our busiest times
*Long Service awards for permanent team members
Upper Bognor Road, Bognor Regis, West Sussex PO21 1JJ GBR
17 September 2021
29 October 2021