Head of Activities
Come and join us as a Head of Activities and help us create great memories that last a lifetime! This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented leader to join our Haven Team on a full time, permanent basis.
A little About Us & What We Offer
With 38 Haven Parks across the UK from Cornwall to Scotland, we are part of the award winning Bourne Leisure Group, where our Guests and Teams at the heart of everything we do. Operating as One Great Team within a Breath of Fresh Air Culture, we are proud to be one of ‘The Times – Best Big Companies to Work For In The UK’.
- 20% Discount to you & your family across Bourne Leisure brands at Haven, Butlins & Warner Leisure Hotels
- Free Use of our Leisure Facilities including Swimming Pool & Gym
- Opportunity to use our ‘Company Box’ at The O2 Arena for music, comedy, sport & events.
- 50% Discount off food on Park, including with our partner brands
- We offer a fantastic Health, Mind & Money Wellbeing Support Programme
- Fantastic Discounts with many National Brands and Retailers
- 20% Discount in our on-Park shops
- Reward & Recognition Schemes
SALARY: £Highly Competitive + Bonus
WORKING HOURS: 45 hours per week over 5 days
What You’ll Be Doing
As part of the Senior Leadership Team on Park, as Head of Activities you will be responsible for delivering a great activities, entertainment and retail experience for all guests, ensuring every visitor to our park has a great time with memories that last a lifetime.
- Leading a large Activities, Leisure, Entertainment and Retail Team to deliver an outstanding guest experience. Ensure all Health & Safety Requirements are met, risks identified, and solutions put in place.
- Monitor the P&L and takes action to deliver the contribution target and budgeted costs. Actively manages the ordering and control of stock. Ensures the department uses workforce tools to deliver wages in line with budget.
- Support Team Managers to plan and manage the day to day activity and entertainment programme for guests, maximise sales potential and ensure first class retail standards in all shops. Seeks and responds to guest feedback, monitors Advocacy and NPS scores and responds quickly to address areas for improvement.
- Develop a high performing team through coaching and training. Ensures all team have the relevant qualifications and receive the necessary training.
- Identify talent and builds succession plans. Ensures all new team members receive an engaging 90-day induction and have clear goals set and effective performance reviews.
- Focused on team engagement and retention. Identifies areas of concern and implements necessary actions.
What We Would Like You To Bring
- Strong management and leadership skills to lead broad teams
- Previous experience in a senior role within Activities & Leisure management
- Confident decision maker
- Sound knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Can exercise sound judgement and manage conflicting priorities when under pressure
- Have had previous responsibility for working with financial budgets
- Has previously managed a profit centre with both revenue and expenses
You may start with us as a Head of Department and grow into a General Manager’s role…Either way we would love an opportunity to discuss our Park based roles with you and all we have to offer you by joining our One Great Team at Haven!
Combe Haven Holiday Park
Harley Shute Road, St Leonards-on-Sea, Hastings Sussex TN38 8BZ GBR
10 May 2022
24 May 2022