Internal Communications Manager
Internal Communications Manager
Hemel Hempstead / Hybrid
Annual salary + bonus and benefits
Are you passionate about brilliant employee communications?
Do you recognise great employee engagement and how it makes a real difference
to the employee experience?
It’s a really exciting time to join our Haven & Bourne Group Communications team, you’ll have an opportunity to work in a fun, friendly, fast paced environment for the UK’s leading holiday and holiday home business.
You’ll support the Head of Communications and Engagement in implementing and delivering an always evolving internal communications and engagement strategy for Haven and Bourne Leisure Group that allows the business to communicate effectively, with clarity, confidence and consistency.
Working cross-functionally within Haven and the brands you will have the ability to be able to build excellent relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the business including our park teams spread across the UK.
You’ll show your creative flair and excellent writing skills by creating and facilitating accurate and timely communications to engage and inspire team to ensure they are kept up to date with company news, strategy, projects and events, using the most appropriate channels for both Haven and the wider Bourne Leisure Group teams of more than 17,000. You’ll ensure our communications result in greater engagement and loyalty to connect our teams to the business and help them understand the role they have to play in delivering the strategy and the Bourne Group Mission – To give our guests a great time with memories that last a lifetime.
You’ll lead on internal communications programmes and employee engagement activities, producing a wide range of team communications from email updates to videos, podcasts, blogs, new stories, news bulletins and corporate messages and announcements for both Haven and Bourne Group. Managing these existing internal communications channels is key but you will always look for new, creative and innovative ways to increase team engagement and improve two-way communication.
The role will be responsible for or support key regular engagement projects including:
- The design, management and promotion of the company’s team engagement surveys and listening strategy from implementation through to action planning and beyond.
- The delivery of the Bourne Group annual leadership conference, the Haven annual conference plus other conferences and events throughout the year.
- Management of the Haven and Group monthly recognition awards and long service programme.
- Deliver communications launch plans for a variety of key projects, including our Inclusion and Diversity agenda, team learning and development, policy launches, our Team Voice representatives, wellbeing, culture and values.
The role reports into the Head of
Communications and Engagement and has one direct report of an Internal
Communications Co-ordinator. The function sits with in the Haven People team.
Who are we?
As the UK’s leading holiday operator, a career at Bourne Group can offer more than just a job. Part of the award-winning Bourne Leisure family, we have plenty of exciting opportunities for development, over 9,000 fantastic team members and 38 beautiful seaside locations and our HQ based in Hemel Hempstead. From Scotland to Cornwall, Norfolk to Wales, our parks are dotted along some of the most breath-taking parts of the great British coastline, providing memories that last a lifetime for guests, owners, and team. We’re passionate about what we do, and we have a great time doing it, all of which is reflected in our Breath of Fresh Air culture. We welcome all new talent with open arms and support your journey with Haven in any way we can.
What's it like to work with us?
Ultimately, it’s our people and teams that make us an employer of choice.
At Haven, we care about you as an individual– whether you are office based, home based or a mixture of the two, we are open and transparent in our approach and welcome the same approach in return. We are a place where talent thrives and gives you the autonomy to be the master of your own path. We are supportive and collaborative, giving you the opportunity to learn, ask questions and work with different people throughout the business. We are one great team, and we celebrate successes as an individual and as a collective with our teams.
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive holiday allowance that rises with service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Annual bonus
- 20% discount for any Haven, Butlins or Warner holiday for you, friends, and family.
- Wellbeing support across several different topics
- Opportunities to use our corporate box at The O2 arena for music, comedy, sport, and entertainment events
- Exclusive discounts with several corporate partners
- Access to fantastic learning and development opportunities, including Apprenticeships & Degrees
- Real career pathways
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, go ahead and apply!
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
16 June 2022
4 August 2022