Salary + Annual Bonus and Benefits
We're looking for a Data Engineer to join our Group Technology team as we move through our transformation programme. Data drives everything, so let’s get it right! You will be the solution finder, responsible for the configuration and automation of new data feeds, processes and datasets. Working with internal customers on how best we deliver data, you will have a lead role in the design and build of our data services work to ensure we deliver quality output, on-time every time.
To learn, develop and become an expert in a key area of the business by:
- Being the ‘solution finder’ and designer for future development road mapping.
- Triaging and prescribing solutions for any new data developments and necessary data fixes.
- Maintaining and improving existing processes and data sets, accommodating any changes/additions in operational data.
- Ensuring system maintenance takes place, supporting any troubleshooting where needed with the aim of maximising up time in order to ensure operational agility. Ensuring appropriate monitoring and early warning systems are in place and functioning. Support any data recoveries.
- Maintaining any relevant documentation i.e. SCV & Mart Data Diagrams
What we’d like you to bring:
- Knowledge and understanding of PLSQL Developer
- Knowledge and understanding SQL.
- Ideally proficiency in the use of SAS Management Console, Information Map Studio, Enterprise Guide, Data Integration Studio, LSF, Stored Processes and.
- Developing and supporting SAS ETL processes.
- Understanding, maintaining and troubleshooting Oracle packages.
- Experience working with large datasets.
- Experience using Python and/or R to reshape, aggrege or join disparate sources would be an advantage, as would familiarity with DataOps pipelining
Who are we?
As the UK’s leading holiday operator, a career at Bourne Leisure can offer more than just a job. Wherever you join us, we have plenty of exciting opportunities for development, over 17,000 fantastic team members and 55 beautiful locations and our HQ based in Hemel Hempstead. From Scotland to Cornwall, Norfolk to Wales, our resorts and hotels are dotted along some of the most breath-taking parts of the great British coastline and the most beautiful countryside, providing memories that last a lifetime for guests, owners, and team. We’re passionate about what we do, and we have a great time doing it, all of which is reflected in our unique culture. We welcome all new talent with open arms and support your journey with Bourne Leisure in any way we can.
What's it like to work with us?
Ultimately, it’s our people and teams that make us an employer of choice.
At Bourne Leisure, we care about you as an individual – whether you are office based, home based or a mixture of the two, we are open and transparent in our approach and welcome the same approach in return. We are a place where talent thrives and gives you the autonomy to be the master of your own path. We are supportive and collaborative, giving you the opportunity to learn, ask questions and work with different people throughout the business. We are one great team, and we celebrate successes as an individual and as a collective with our teams.
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive holiday allowance that rises with service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Annual bonus
- 20% discount for any Haven, Butlins or Warner holiday for you, friends, and family.
- Wellbeing support across several different topics
- Opportunities to use our corporate box at The O2 arena for music, comedy, sport, and entertainment events
- Exclusive discounts with several corporate partners
- Access to fantastic learning and development opportunities, including Apprenticeships & Degrees
- Real career pathways
If this sounds like the right
opportunity for you, go ahead and apply!
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
17 June 2022
19 July 2022