Trainee / Commis Chef - £10.29 per hour - LIVE IN ACCOMMODATION AVAILABLE
We are looking for Trainee and Commis Chefs to join our Food and Beverage team here at Butlins.
About the role:
We truly believe that variety is the spice of life and in this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work and develop your skills not in one kitchen but in a selection of kitchens with a variety of cooking styles across our resorts. A Butlin’s resort is the home of getting stuck in and our venues include The Beachcomber Inn our traditional pub, Firehouse Grill for great chicken, Ludo’s our pizza and pasta restaurant, The Diner for great shakes and burgers along with The Deck our large family buffet restaurants. This role will provide you with the opportunity to train and take the first steps in your career as a chef.
If this is something that interests you, this is what we’re looking for:
- Firstly, you will need to be hard working and determined, a reliable person who likes to get things done and who will look for better ways to consistently deliver our brand standards.
- We are looking for candidates who are energetic and enthusiastic, high spirited and fun loving and who will understand their role and the value they can add to the guest and the team experience.
- We think our chefs at Butlin’s are something special and we know our guests love to keep returning to our restaurants as part of their holiday experience so the cherry on the top for the successful candidate is for them to be fun, keen to join in and work as part of a team, and is interested in ensuring our guests have a great time, every time.
If you think you have what this exciting role needs here’s what’s in it for you to join our team…. We will provide you with the necessary training in order to start your journey in becoming a chef. This will include:
- Basic food safety in catering.
- Health and safety awareness for catering and hospitality.
- Introduction to personal workplace skills.
- Prepare and cook food by boiling, poaching and steaming.
- Prepare and cook food by stewing, braising, deep frying and shallow frying.
- Regeneration of pre-prepared food
- Cold food preparation
- We will support you to pass your level 2 food safety qualification
In addition to this you may also enjoy:
- Accommodation available in many of our resorts if you don’t live locally
- 20% off food in our restaurants and take away.
- Subsidised food and drinks in our team diners.
- Regular team incentives with great rewards.
- Opportunity to earn up to £1,000 when you refer friends to join our great team
- Holidays Discounts of 20% for all of your family & friends in Haven, Butlins & Warner Hotels
- Use of Pool and many other Leisure facilities.
- Funded qualification development opportunities from Level 2 to Masters Degrees for permanent team members.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme including support for your wellbeing and free access to advice and expertise on financial and legal matters etc
- Fantastic discounts when making purchases from most major retailers and hundreds of discounts on everyday purchases
- Team Member of the Month Awards
- Instant Recognition schemes with great rewards through our busiest times
- Long Service awards for permanent team members
If you have a positive outlook and think you have what it takes to come and be part of our team, we’d love to hear from you!
Ingoldmells, Skegness, Lincolnshire PE25 1NJ GBR
20 June 2022
30 June 2022