Restaurant Duty Manager - Split Shifts
The Restaurant Duty Manager is responsible for the efficient restaurant operation, reporting to the Guest Catering Manager.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that high standard of service is met consistently, and we delight our guests and generate positive feedback. This role is also responsible for the team within the restaurant making sure they are fulfilled and supported to deliver the highest possible guest experience, opening and closing procedures for their areas in line with set company standards, the effective management of each shift, including guest issues and stock control and ensuring all food safety and health and safety paperwork is complete in line with regulations.
Key Responsibilities :
* To build and develop great relationships with our guests
* To ensure that the allocation of team on shift is complete to ensure the maximum positive impact on the guest.
* To open and close the restaurant to the highest standard, including cleaning checks, health and safety and food safety checks are complete.
* Implementation and support of individual team members performance development plans, aligning it with the support manager's direction.
* Support the team members during service to ensure that their workload is manageable and give support when necessary.
* Highlighting and feeding back to the Guest Catering Manager areas of improvement, reviewing guest feedback supplied to them to understand areas in which our guests would value improvement.
* Coach and support team during service to ensure we have a highly trained and fulfilled team.
* Ensuring our Guest Catering service plan is well executed daily, to ensure our guests have the best possible experience and re-book and advocate to friends and family.
* Support the Guest Catering Manager with correct usage of online roster system and 3-week rota and time sheet approval
* Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, company fire, hygiene and H&S policies within your area of responsibility
* Challenge themselves and other to innovate in any areas that will help the results of the business.
* Drive team selection, recruitment and retention
Typical working hours: 7.30am - 12pm for breakfast and 4pm - 8.30pm for dinner service, five days over seven. This role covers 40 hours per week, is a salaried role paid monthly and is part of a 5% annual bonus scheme
The ideal candidate should:
* Have experience in a busy restaurant environment
* Have previous experience of leading a team
* Understand different communication styles, and an ability to communicate effectively
* Have problem solving attitude
* Have a positive and flexible approach to work
* Be able to focus on the detail and prioritise to ensure the biggest positive impact is achieved
* Be passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
We think working at Butlin’s is a pretty special place to be and here are just a few of the benefits for working with us:
*Funded qualification development opportunities from Level 2 to Masters Degrees
*Free use of our pool and many other leisure facilities
*20% off food in our restaurants and take away
*Apply for free tickets for our box at the 02 Arena
*Subsidised food and drinks in our team diners
*Holidays Discounts of 20% for all your family & friends in Haven, Butlin's & Warner Leisure Hotels
*Subsidised OFSTED Nursery facilities available on resort
*Regular team incentives with great rewards.
*Opportunity to earn ££££'s when you refer friends to join our great team
*Access to the Employee Assistance Programme including support for your wellbeing and free access to advice and expertise on financial and legal matters etc
*Fantastic discounts on loads of high street and online brands
*Team Member of the Month Awards
*Instant Recognition schemes with great rewards through our busiest times
*Long Service awards
If you think you have what it takes to come and be part of our team, we’d love to hear from you.
Upper Bognor Road, Bognor Regis, West Sussex PO21 1JJ GBR
27 July 2022
12 August 2022