Senior Procurement Manager - Retail
Senior Procurement Manager, Retail
Permanent / Full Time
Annual Salary + Bonus and benefits
Bourne Leisure are currently recruiting for a Senior Procurement Manager for our Retail categories. Reporting to the Head of Procurement, this role is responsible for execution of sourcing, category management and procurement activity in the Retail category. Your activity will have a direct material impact on the EBITDA contribution (through margin improvement, promotional support, or other supplier payments) as well as supporting service, Guest safety, experience, and value for money.
The ideal candidate must be willing to travel as a large part of the role will be visiting retail teams at sites to develop a close relationship and get a real feel of the atmosphere within parks; ultimately enabling you to deliver a fantastic retail procurement function.
To learn, develop and become an expert in a key area of the business by:
- Managing the commercial relationship with suppliers that fulfil the brand retail plans, strategies and guest propositions bringing the best to BLL that the market has to offer
- Working with the Supply Chain and technical management to develop and manage the retail supply chain safely and effectively
- Actively developing categories so that purchasing in retail is transparent, straightforward, and supportive for team members across the business
- Playing a key role in the Procurement Team supporting and contributing to procurement strategy across Bourne Leisure
- Being accountable for identifying and executing new opportunities in and driving continuous improvement in the supply base
- Being accountable for going to market, sourcing, procuring, negotiating, contracting and ongoing category management of supplier spend
What we’d like you to bring:
- Strong ability to work with key relationships and to influence up to HOD and at times to director level
- Able to engage with colleagues across the Retail environment to support the embedding of best procurement practice
- Team Player; you can work with peers in the team to ensure the delivery of a safe and secure retail supply chain
- Experience in Retail procurement and Sourcing including development and execution of category strategies, negotiation and contracting for the supply of goods and services along with associated KPI’s
- Proven history of developing and executing sourcing and procurement engagements that return substantial value
- Strong Stakeholder management experience
- Strong financial and commercial experience
- Hospitality or multiple industry experience
Who are we?
As the UK’s leading holiday operator, a career at Bourne Leisure can offer more
than just a job. Wherever you join us, we have plenty of exciting opportunities
for development, over 17,000 fantastic team members and 55 beautiful locations
and our HQ based in Hemel Hempstead. From Scotland to Cornwall, Norfolk to
Wales, our resorts and hotels are dotted along some of the most breath-taking
parts of the great British coastline and the most beautiful countryside,
providing memories that last a lifetime for guests, owners, and team. We’re
passionate about what we do, and we have a great time doing it, all of which is
reflected in our unique culture. We welcome all new talent with open arms and
support your journey with Bourne Leisure in any way we can.
What's it like to work with us?
Ultimately, it’s our people and teams that make us an employer of
At Bourne Leisure, we care about you as an individual – whether you are office based, home based or a mixture of the two, we are open and transparent in our approach and welcome the same approach in return. We are a place where talent thrives and gives you the autonomy to be the master of your own path. We are supportive and collaborative, giving you the opportunity to learn, ask questions and work with different people throughout the business. We are one great team, and we celebrate successes as an individual and as a collective with our teams.
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive holiday allowance that rises with service
- Holiday buy scheme
- Annual bonus
- 20% discount for any Haven, Butlins or Warner holiday for you, friends, and family.
- Wellbeing support across several different topics
- Opportunities to use our corporate box at The O2 arena for music, comedy, sport, and entertainment events
- Exclusive discounts with several corporate partners
- Access to fantastic learning and development opportunities, including Apprenticeships & Degrees
- Real career pathways
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, go ahead and apply!
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
2 August 2022
13 October 2022