Permanent / Hybrid
Part Time – 20/21 Hours over 4/5 Days or 3 full days
Competitive Salary + Bonus Potential
Haven are seeking a highly organised and efficient Personal Assistant to be a trusted partner and provide comprehensive executive support to our Chief Operating Officer (COO). This is an interesting and fast paced role in a busy, friendly, and down to earth operations team. The successful candidate will be key to the success of the COO’s day to day activity and be working with key stakeholder in the operations team and wider business. The ideal candidate will be light-hearted and have an informal yet professional approach. Proactivity, detail focused, and excellent communication / organisational skills are essential for success in this role.
This is a permanent, part time, role & you will be expected to work from our head office in Hemel Hempstead for at least 50% of your time, with the remaining time spent working from home if you choose. We can be flexible with part time hours. As this role supports the COO you will be required to be present in the office when the COO is there on your working days. In addition, there will be occasional visits to our Parks or other locations. Occasional flexibility in your working hours will be required to support the COO with adhoc situations that arise.
Your Opportunity / Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the COO to support all aspects of their daily work routine.
- Maintain the COO’s calendar, including scheduling meetings, appointments, and travel arrangements.
- Act as a main point of contact for the COO. This includes receiving and prioritising emails, answering a variety of questions with tact and diplomacy, taking messages, and directing requests appropriately for resolution.
- Determine priority matters for the attention of the COO, redirect other matters or handle matters personally, using your experience and discretion to determine the best course of action.
- Work with COO’s direct reports and dotted lines to ensure sufficient time is scheduled for key business priorities.
- Schedule operational meetings and collaborate with the team and COO to create a robust and achievable agenda.Ensure pre-reading is sent out in advance to maximise meeting efficiency.
- Arrange meeting rooms, venues and resources for any meetings the COO is hosting. Attend the meeting as required to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Prepare relevant information prior to Executive meetings the COO will be attending, including board papers, pre-read material on behalf of the COO.
- Support the COO with the creation of conference material as requested.
What we’d like you to bring:
- Proven experience as a Personal Assistant or Executive Assistant.
- Exceptional organisational and multitasking abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software.
- High degree of professionalism and discretion.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter with plenty of initiative.
- Develops exceptional relationships with key stakeholders.
- Agile approach and comfortable working in a matrix organisation.
- The ability to make quick, sound decisions based on knowledge and judgment, easily switching between immediate and long-term priorities.
- Marketing, communication, and presentation skills to facilitate Executive level papers and presentations.
- Resourceful and resilient with the ability to generate ideas, create solutions to problems and has a high level of self-awareness.
- Flexible approach to work and ability to manage own time if working days / hours change with demands of the role.
Who are we?
We’re part of an award-winning Bourne Leisure family, which includes Haven
& Warner Hotels. We have 9,000 fantastic team members and 39 beautiful
seaside locations and our HQ based in Hemel Hempstead.
What’s it like to work with us?
Working with us is ultimately defined by our exceptional people and teams. At Haven, we take pride in our Breath of Fresh Air culture, which focuses on valuing and supporting every team member. We prioritise openness and transparency in our interactions allowing our team members to be their authentic selves.
We operate a hybrid working model, meaning 50% of your working week will be spent at the office, occasionally on Park, or at external events.
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
The interview process will be up to 3 stages and may contain a presentation or skills test, depending on the role. If you require any support or reasonable adjustments to help you perform at your best during this process, please let us know.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of who we are and what we do. Our commitment to these values is unwavering and they are central to our mission. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments or flexibility that you may require, including whether a role can be part-time or a job-share.
genuinely care about every candidate's experience during the recruitment
process and are here to provide support where we can. If you require any
assistance or reasonable adjustments while applying, please don't hesitate to
reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
30 November -0001
30 November -0001