Head of Activities
Come and join our One Great Team here at Haven as a Head of Activities & Leisure!
As part of the Senior Leadership Team on Park, as Head of Activities & Leisure you will be responsible leading a large Activities, Leisure, Entertainment and Retail Team to deliver an activities, entertainment and retail experience for all guests, ensuring every visitor to our park has a great time with memories that last a lifetime.
Key Role Responsibilities
Leadership: Provide visionary leadership to the Activities & Leisure team, setting clear goals and expectations, and motivating the team to achieve outstanding results and develop a high performing Team. Ensure all new team members receive an engaging 90-day induction and training plan to set them up for success with Haven.
Guest experience: Interacting with guests, building trusted relationships with owners, and addressing both their needs and concerns. You will be responsible for handling escalated guest issues and ensuring that they are resolved promptly and satisfactorily and gathering and analysing guest feedback to make continuous improvements.
Strategic Planning: Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve departmental and organizational objectives, including budgeting and resource allocation.
Team Management: Recruit, train, mentor, and evaluate your teams performance, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and professional development.
Performance Optimization: Continuously assess departmental performance and implement improvements, ensuring efficient processes and high-quality outcomes. Support your Team Managers to plan and manage the day-to-day activity and entertainment programme for guests, maximise sales potential and ensure first class retail standards in all shops
Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to build strong relationships, identify opportunities for growth, and ensure guest satisfaction.
Compliance: Ensure that all departmental activities adhere to relevant laws,
regulations, and industry standards.
Reporting: Provide regular reports to senior management, highlighting departmental achievements, challenges, and future plans.
What’s In It For You?
- Free use of our Leisure Facilities, including swimming pool
- Up to 50% Discount off food on Park and 20% discount in our shops
- Opportunity to use our Corporate Box at the O2 Arena
- Fantastic Discounts with many national Brands & Retailers
- 20% Discount to you, your family & friends across Haven & Warner Leisure Hotels
- Reward & Recognition Schemes
- Training and development opportunities including fully funded qualifications
- Fantastic Health, Mind & Money Support Programme?
SALARY: Highly Competitive + up to 25% Annual Bonus
Experience and Qualifications
What we are looking for is…
- Previous experience at a senior level within an Activities & Leisure industry preferable
- Strong leadership and management skills, with a proven ability to motivate and develop your team
- Excellent strategic planning and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated track record of achieving departmental and organizational goals.
- Knowledge of industry trends, regulations, and best practices.
- Budgeting and financial management experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Confident decision maker with ability to exercise sound judgement and manage conflicting priorities when under pressure
Who are we?
We’re part of an award-winning Bourne Leisure family, which includes Haven & Warner Hotels. We have 9,000 fantastic team members and 39 beautiful seaside locations and our HQ based in Hemel Hempstead.
What’s it like to work with us?
Working with us is ultimately defined by our exceptional people and teams. At Haven, we take pride in our Breath of Fresh Air culture, which focuses on valuing and supporting every team member. We prioritise openness and transparency in our interactions allowing our team members to be their authentic selves.
We aim to offer flexibility where we can, our Heads of Departments working hours are usually 45 hours per week over 5 days and likely to include evenings and weekends.
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
When invited to meet with us, the process may include 2-3 stages including interview, site visit and skills test depending on the role. If you require any support or reasonable adjustments to help you perform at your best during this process, please let us know.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of who we are and what we do. Our commitment to these values is unwavering and they are central to our mission. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments or flexibility that you may require, including whether a role can be part-time or a job-share.
We genuinely care about every candidate's experience during the recruitment process and are here to provide support where we can. If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments while applying, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com
The Orchards Holiday Village
St Osyth, Clacton-on-Sea, Essex CO16 8LJ GBR
17 November 2023
1 December 2023