Kitchen Manager / Head ChefCome and join our One Great Team here at Haven as a Kitchen Team Manager!
As part of our full time, permanent Food & Beverage Leadership Team, you will…
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of our restaurants Kitchen, following standard operating procedures ensuring a safe and secure environment for all
- Deliver our performance targets against budget, manage stock, margin and cost control
- Complete relevant administrative tasks including team Rota’s, Safety and Legislative compliance checks
- Drive continuous improvement, provide solutions to issues and set goals for growth
- Lead and coach the team ensuring they work productively and develop professionally
- Engage and inspire the team to always be Guest obsessed
- Effectively recruit and train new team
- This is a hands-on role where you will lead from the front cooking 85% of your time, whilst also managing the kitchen standards on health, safety and hygiene
What’s In It For You?
- Free use of our Leisure Facilities, including swimming pool?
- Up to 50% Discount off food on Park and 20% discount in our shops?
- Opportunity to use our Corporate Box at the O2 Arena?
- Fantastic Discounts with many national Brands & Retailers?
- 20% Discount to you, your family & friends across Haven & Warner Leisure Hotels?
- Reward & Recognition Schemes?
- Training and development opportunities including fully funded qualifications?
- Fantastic Health, Mind & Money Support Programme?
- Enhanced family friendly policies and pay* (eligibility criteria applied)
Salary: Competitive plus Benefits, and the opportunity to earn up to 10% Annual Bonus
Experience and Qualifications
You may already be a Kitchen Manager or Head Chef which is great. Or maybe you’re an experienced Sous Chef or Second Chef looking for the next step! All we are looking for is…
- Proven experience leading large teams in a fast-paced Kitchen or similar environment
- Experience in managing operations, performance, resources and cost control
- Can confidently deal with Guest concerns and resolve problems
- Excellent communication, organisational and leadership skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- Level 3 Food Hygiene Qualification
Who are we?
We’re part of an award-winning Bourne Leisure family, which includes Haven & Warner Hotels. We have 9,000 fantastic team members and 39 beautiful seaside locations and our HQ based in Hemel Hempstead.
What’s it like to work with us?
Working with us is ultimately defined by our exceptional people and teams. At Haven, we take pride in our Breath of Fresh Air culture, which focuses on valuing and supporting every team member. We prioritise openness and transparency in our interactions allowing our team members to be their authentic selves.
We aim to offer flexibility where we can, our Team Managers working hours are usually 45 hours per week over 5 days and could include evenings and weekends.
We would love to hear from you
If you would like to apply for this role, click apply now. We will ask you a few questions which may take around 5 minutes, then click submit and one of the Team will be in touch.
What can you expect during the recruitment process?
When invited to meet with us, you will have an interview and either a practical assessment or a skills test, depending on the role. If you require any support or reasonable adjustments to help you perform at your best during this process, please let us know.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of who we are and what we do. Our commitment to these values is unwavering and they are central to our mission. We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments or flexibility that you may require, including whether a role can be part-time or a job-share.
We genuinely care about every candidate's experience during the recruitment process and are here to provide support where we can. If you require any assistance or reasonable adjustments while applying, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com
Doniford Bay Holiday Park
Watchet, Somerset TA23 0TJ GBR
17 November 2023
3 December 2023