Restaurant / Housekeeping Team Member - Butlin's Minehead
Do you want a career working for The Times 5th Best Big Company in the UK?
Working as a dual role with the Catering and Accommodation departments; you will be responsible for cleaning to a high standard across our guest accommodation, and also looking after the guest's dining experience in the buffet restaurants.
As a Butlin's team member you will be on the front line of delivering superior sales and service to our guests throughout both departments and you don't need to know how to juggle plates or make a bed as we will teach you pretty much all you need to know about this and the role in full.
The purpose of the role:
• Two shifts with the Accommodation Team and the remainder of the working week with the Catering Team
• Responsible for cleaning guest's rooms and apartments (assigned to you) ensuring high standards of cleanliness are met in line with company health and safety policy and Training standards.
• Reporting any defects in guest accommodation and communal areas to your Team Leader
• Welcoming and seating guests at tables
• Demonstrating impeccable menu knowledge and making recommendations
• Answering questions - accurately and politely
• Satisfying any/all needs of the guests - checking back with guests throughout their experience.
• Clearing away crockery and cutlery once a guest has left, cleaning and re setting the table for the next family.
• Maintaining a clean & organized station - including pre- laying tables & table maintenance.
• Performing opening, closing & side duties - setting up & breaking down restaurant, refilling condiments, cleaning cutlery, etc
• Full restaurant clean downs at the end of service including floors both in the restaurant and kitchen
• Ensuring grooming standards are adhered to at all times.
• Support all team members where required, being a team player
The role requires flexibility as the hours that are available will include working evenings and weekends and additional hours during our busiest times.
We are looking for candidates who:
• Have an exceptional eye for detail
• Have a passion for cleaning and looking after guests
• Have great organisational skills and the ability to multitask
• Have a problem solving attitude
• Have Strong communication skills
• Are flexible due to the needs of the business
• Have excellent customer service skills
• Have the ability to work under pressure
• Have ability to work on own initiative
• Are goal orientated and determination to succeed
The benefits of working with us:
Free use of many of the resort facilities and discounts off our food and retail outlets
Subsidised nursery facilities available on resort
Discounted Bourne Leisure holidays for you, your family and friends
Reward and recognition schemes including long service and team member of the month
Externally recognised qualifications to give you the opportunity to develop and progress
There is limited live in accommodation available for 18 year olds and over with this role if relocating to the area.
We look forward to hearing from you if your skills match what we are looking for and you would love to be part of our team. So look no further ... www.butlinsjobs.co.uk
Warren Road, Minehead, Somerset TA24 5SH GBR
5 November 2019
19 November 2019