Do you want a career working for one of The Times top ten Best Big Company in the UK?
We are looking for a Developer to join the IT Business Services team who develop and support a wide range of systems, reports and integrations using a number of different technologies e.g. .NET/ASP.NET, Reporting Services, Integration Services and QlikView. The role will initially focus on reports but we hope this will expand to also cover integrations and systems. As the role of the IT Business Services team evolves there will be the opportunity to learn new skills and technologies.
• To design, build, test, deploy and support reports using appropriate technologies and tools.
• To ensure operational excellence by deploying code into production that is fit for purpose.
• To work with business users to improve the performance and efficiency of their reports.
• To liaise with business users on requirements in a technical manner but with a ‘down-to-earth’ approach.
• To establish the detailed specifications from business users and translate into concise, robust and secure code.
• To be proactive in resolving technical challenges and provide suggestions for development and improvement.
• To be able to work in a reactive atmosphere with a positive attitude and problem solving attitude.
• To maintain and enhance existing technical skills.
• To carry out any other ad hoc task as and when required.
Technical Skills (essential)
• SQL Server (2008-2016) – T-SQL, Reporting Services (2008-2016), Integration Services (2008-2016) and Management Studio
• Visual Studio (2008 – BIDS and 2017)
• PL/SQL Developer
• Competent use of Microsoft Office applications
Technical Skills (desirable)
• Team Foundation Server
• Azure (e.g. Logic Apps, Function Apps and cloud storage)
• Awareness of the Data Protection Act/GDPR and information security
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Methodical and meticulous approach
Some of the benefits of working with us:
• 20% team member discount on Warner Leisure Hotels, Butlin's and Haven holidays for you, your family and friends
• Reward and recognition schemes including long service
• Externally recognised qualifications that will give you the opportunity to progress and develop within Bourne Leisure
• Childcare voucher scheme (subject to eligibility)
• Government pension scheme
To take the next step in building the career you've always dreamed of...apply now!
Bourne Leisure Head Office
1 Park Lane, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4YL GBR
5 November 2019
26 November 2019